As the number of COVID-19 cases continue to rise, law enforcement agencies are at the frontlines of enforcing quarantine mandates and responding to emergency calls. Due to this, officers must adapt to this new normal in their daily operations.
Law enforcement agencies need to understand how to recognize symptoms of COVID-19, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and health and wellness practices. To help protect officers, select EMS courses are now available to law enforcement agencies in TargetSolutions at no additional cost.
EMS Safety Training Available at No Added Cost
Now available in the TargetSolutions learning management system (LMS), these EMS courses were chosen to help law enforcement officers better understand respiratory protection, influenza spread and stress management.
These 10 courses were written by subject matter experts and use engaging learning formats. Courses include immersive graphics, relevant case studies and many feature an onscreen video instructor.
Here is a list of all complimentary EMS courses available in law enforcement agencies’ TargetSolutions site:
- Respiratory Protection: provides basic information on the selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective devices for safe and effective use.
- EMS Health & Wellness: introduces basic concepts of health and wellness to help ensure you have the ability to do your job safely and efficiently in stressful situations while also improving your quality of life and overall wellness.
- EMS Mechanics of Breathing: explains the respiratory system and how O2, CO2, and other respiratory measurements should be assessed to determine the point in the respiratory cycle an individual may be breaking down and intervention strategies.
- EMS Protecting Yourself from Influenza: explains the varied viral mediums that cause influenza, how it’s transmitted and how to protect oneself as an emergency responder.
- EMS Respiratory Emergencies Basic: explains the critical importance of having a clear working knowledge of respiratory emergencies and how rapid intervention can increase a patient’s chances of survival.
- Personal Protective Equipment: describes the different types and treatment of PPE to shield individuals from chemical, physical and biological hazards that may be encountered.
- Workplace Stress: highlights common sources of stress, as well as methods of dealing with and reducing stress in your daily life to optimize productivity and protect the health of employees.
- Aerosol Transmissible Diseases: explains Aerosol Transmissible Diseases (ATDs) and how these diseases can be transmitted. This course was written by Cal/OSHA as a direct result of the experiences involving Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Avian Influenza, and the Novel Influenza H1N1.
- Emergency Preparedness & Response: familiarizes viewers with basic emergency response practices that will help them prepare for and respond to a crisis.
- Smart Workplaces: Preparing for a Pandemic Flu Outbreak: covers CDC and OSHA guidelines to help business and HR professionals assemble a pandemic influenza response plan.
Questions? Please contact your TargetSolutions Client Success Manager to get your department started!