Annual Police Training Requirements
Being a police officer is a demanding career that requires a great deal of specialized training. As professionals dedicated to enforcing the law and protecting citizens in their communities, police officers must be physically and mentally prepared to deal with a wide variety of situations.
Today’s police officers must also understand something about the technology used to communicate with one another and how technology can help to create more effective training for officers. To fully prepare trainees to carry out their duties as safely and effectively as possible, it’s important for police agencies to use the latest and most appropriate training programs. Each state has its own police training requirements but they emphasize the same basic skills and capabilities.
TargetSolutions Law Enforcement Training
TargetSolutions offers online police training that covers the annual police training needs for many states. There are quite a few proven benefits to this innovative training with more than 240 courses covering topic such as sexual harassment prevention training and driver safety – improving responses to high-risk, low-frequency situations. This training platform is accepted in many states, including Alaska, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Nevada, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas.
There are also many states that require continuing education for police officers without state approvals, including Alaska, New York, Colorado, Florida and New Jersey, among others. Law enforcement agencies in both categories can benefit from TargetSolutions training. Some of the courses include:
- Stress Reduction and Improving Officer Morale
- Juvenile Corrections
- Evidence Chain of Custody
- Defensive Driving Strategies
- Computer Security Awareness (LAW)
- Workplace Violence (LAW)
- Arrest and Control Techniques
Advantages of the TargetSolutions Online Training Platform
There are quite a few benefits to the online training platform offered by TargetSolutions.
- Cost savings to police departments
- Convenient for police officers who can access training whenever they want from any device
- Information is presented in a clear, easy-to-access manner that increases comprehension
- Police officers can review material whenever they want
- Easily updated to provide new and last-minute changes and updates
- Provide reports and accurate tracking of officers’ progress
- Individual police officers can review and track their own training
Meet POST Requirements and Other Relevant Training Courses
The TargetSolutions platform is able to record and track annual Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) requirements for individual police officers such as:
- Firearms Requalification
- Use of Deadly Force
- De-escalation Training
- Community Policing
- Legal Updates
- Domestic Violence Training
- K-9 Certifications and ongoing training for dogs
Additional Training TargetSolutions Offers for Law Enforcement
TargetSolutions provides an efficient way to keep up with the needs of all officers. They can easily keep track of their own training with the user-friendly TargetSolutions system. Aside from its law enforcement training, TargetSolutions also offers other courses that may be relevant to police training requirements, such as:
- OSHA-related courses
- HR-related courses
- Blood-born pathogens courses
- Driving courses for operating emergency vehicles
Meeting state standards for annual police training is a priority for all law enforcement agencies. Technological innovations have made it possible to create new and more efficient training programs. TargetSolutions offers a complete solution for law enforcement training that makes it easier than ever to manage training and compliance.
To learn more about TargetSolutions law enforcement and police training courses, download our Law Enforcement Training Catalog now.