As a high risk, high stakes occupation, law enforcement officers have to make instant, appropriate decisions under extreme pressure. To ensure they’re prepared to do so, officers must continually refresh their training and stay up-to-date on the latest procedures.
Texas law enforcement agencies can deliver 80 hours of continuing education to personnel with TargetSolutions, a brand of Vector Solutions. With the addition of the Calibre Press series, Texas departments can choose from 122 hours of training content, approved by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) to meet these required continuing education hours.
Law Enforcement Training Approved by TCOLE
Vector Solutions’ law enforcement training catalog, available through the TargetSolutions system, offers an extensive library of online law enforcement courses. This catalog includes an exclusive series created in partnership with Calibre Press, an authority in law enforcement training.
The Calibre Press courses are part of the latest training in TargetSolutions to be approved by TCOLE for law enforcement continuing education hours. Below is the complete list of Calibre Press training currently available to help meet these requirements:
- Approach: Buildings
- Approach: People
- Approach: Vehicle
- Body Language: Analysis of Deceptive Behavior
- Body Language: Analysis of Pre-Attack Indicators
- Body Language: Reading People 101
- Body Language: Reading People 201
- Emotional Survival in Law Enforcement
- The Essential Component of De-Escalation and Conflict Resolution
- The Fatal Four
- The Fundamentals of Stress 101 (Human Performance: Acute Stress)
- The Fundamentals of Stress 201 (Human Performance: Chronic Stress)
- The Graham Standard
- Guardians and Warriors: Seeking Balance
- Guardians on the Grounds: Police-Fire Relations and Securing Facilities
- Implicit Bias: Facts & Myths
- Interaction Principles for De-Escalation Success
- Kinesics Interviewing: Reading the Suspect & Detecting Deception
- Leadership: Personal Agenda or Mission Success (LAW)
- Motivation and Bureaucratic Roadblocks (LAW)
- Roadway Dangers
- Shoot/Don’t Shoot: The Jesse Kidder Incident
- Truths of Human Interaction
- Women in Leadership (LAW)
Easily Deliver & Track Your FTO Program
In addition to continuing education training, law enforcement agencies can use the TargetSolutions system to manage their FTO programs. Online tools make it simple to deliver and track all training types, manage policy distribution and oversee daily observation reports. Using this solution, your agency can ensure every officer understands their responsibilities and challenges and are ready to face them in the field.